This is just going to be a short post on what i think the Nexus 5 will come out and some rumours from around the web.
So reading posts and stories all over the interwebs over the past week, all aim to roughly about the same sort of specs etc.. Unless they’ve just copied from each other and its went down the list… (which it probably has lol).
I gave my review of the Nexus 4 in my previous post, read it then read below…
The supposed codename for the Nexus 5 is ‘Megalodon’.
The specs of the phone according to andriodandme are as follows.
- 5.2? OLED Display with 1920×1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
- 3GB LPDDR3 Ram
- 16/32/64GB of internal storage
- 16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
- 2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
- 3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Front positioned stereo speakers
- Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
- Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
- Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)
Now lets go over these and talk about each one pretty much.
- I don’t think this phone is going to be 5.2′ screen, i just don’t. I have no reason as to why it wouldn’t but i cant see it happening. 5′ at max i hope the fuck it isn’t any bigger than that, 5′ and above for a phone is just fucking stupid.
- The 2.3GHz i can see happening tbh, processors are getting quick as fuck these days and it wouldnt hurt to have it in a phone, not that you would need 2.3GHz of power for a PHONE, yes for gaming probably, but for a phone, ie txt, calls, bit of browsing etc, theres no need for 2.3GHz, but ill have it and not say a word lol.
- 3 gigs of ram again is just fucking redunkulous to be in a phone, 2GB in the Nexus 4 has it running sweet as a nut, there isn’t any need for 3GB but again like i say if Google/LG are dishing this out, ill not be saying no.
- The storage needs to be sorted in the next Nexus, having 8/16 gig in the Nexus 4 is ‘ok’ but everyone likes more regardless if they are going to use it or not, its one of them ‘just encase’ speeches.
- 16MP rear facing camera? I do not fucking think so. Thats just taking the fucking cake right there tbh. If the 5 comes out with 16MP ill eat my own hand. I can’t see it happening.
- 2.1MP on the front would be pretty sweet and that’s starting to roll around on most high end handsets these days, i can see that happening, and it would be pretty sweet.
- 3300 mAH battery? Thats fucking insane lol. Im assuming they will have that in the 5 tbh, everyone loves more battery life right?
- Front speakers? Now your learning Google/LG. Should have been standard on the Nexus 4 instead of a fucking slit on the back!
The rest of the features are pretty much self-explanatory, if you don’t understand what they mean google them. But other than that, if the Nexus 5 rumours are true and this is what we are in for, this will be one slick ass fucking phone. Depending on what the device is actually made from we will have to wait and see. The Nexus 4 begs to be smashed/cracked, everyday you be sweating with worry of dropping the mother fucker, so lets hope they do some sort of wizardry to sort that shit right out.
I could go on forever of what i would/wouldn’t like to see with Nexus 5 but ill leave it and wait to see what Google & LG cough up, assuming its LG thats even making it lol.
Whats your thoughts? Is there anything you would like to see in the Nexus 5 that isn’t on the list or would you be happy with what is listed above?